Dermatitis Treatment and Diagnosis
Discover exceptional dermatitis treatment options at our state-of-the-art dermatology centers in Arcadia/Phoenix, Surprise, and Peoria, AZ. We are dedicated to delivering thorough care and personalized remedies for a wide spectrum of dermatitis and eczema variants. Dermatitis, an umbrella term encompassing an array of skin inflammations, and eczema, a prevalent skin ailment, demand precise diagnostics and targeted treatments. Our skilled dermatologists possess a profound understanding of identifying underlying triggers and providing effective solutions, fostering revitalized skin health and tranquility.
Dermatitis literally means “any inflammation of the skin” and is a very general term that can describe many different skin diseases. Other similar terms are eczema or rash. Dermatitis can be caused by many things including: skin allergies, irritation of the skin, infections with bacteria or viruses, skin cancer, abrasions or injury, psoriasis, reactions to medications and dry skin.
Because it can be the sign of so many different things, it is important to have a dermatologist examine and diagnose your dermatitis so the appropriate treatment is given to correct the problem.
Different Types of Dermatitis
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema): A chronic condition characterized by itchy and inflamed skin, often seen in families with a history of allergies or asthma. Our experts specialize in diagnosing and managing this common form of dermatitis.
- Contact Dermatitis: Triggered by direct skin contact with irritants or allergens, this type can lead to redness, itching, and sometimes blisters. Our precise diagnostic approach helps pinpoint the culprits, enabling effective treatment recommendations.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: Often affecting the scalp and face, this condition leads to scaly patches and red skin. Our dermatologists offer insights into managing seborrheic dermatitis and preventing recurrences.
- Nummular Dermatitis: Characterized by coin-shaped patches of irritated skin, this type can be triggered by cold, dry air. Our tailored treatment strategies help alleviate discomfort and prevent flare-ups.
- Stasis Dermatitis: Common in individuals with circulation issues, this type usually appears on the lower legs and can lead to swelling and skin changes. Our comprehensive care addresses both the dermatitis and its underlying causes.
- Dyshidrotic Dermatitis: Involving small blisters, this type often affects the hands and feet, causing discomfort. Our expert team guides patients in managing symptoms and minimizing the impact on daily life.
- Neurodermatitis: Resulting from repetitive scratching or rubbing, this condition leads to thickened, itchy patches of skin. Our dermatologists offer strategies to break the itch-scratch cycle and improve skin health.
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis: Stemming from an allergic reaction to a specific substance, this type requires pinpointing the allergen for effective treatment. Our meticulous diagnostic methods aid in identifying triggers.